Saturday, May 21, 2011

Peanut Butter Sandwiches & Days Gone By


Weston's last day of 2 year old playschool

Being silly with Mommy

Pretending to be dinosaurs
Not a cute picture of the Mommy dinosaur, but funny!
I love how Weston crinkles his little nose when he roars.

Last day: Weston &Lee Hermann (Mrs. "Wee")

Weston & Lori Clayton (Mrs. "Wo-wi")

Flashback to Weston's first day in September...

and when he, though still a baby himself,
became a BIG brother.

Weston went to his last day of 2 year old playschool on May 17. As I drove to pick him up, I reflected on all the events of this year. I was reminded of how quickly a school year passes. Weston welcomed home baby Connor from the hospital just days before his first day of school in September. Now Connor is 8 1/2 months, and I can't even begin to tell you how much change he's undergone. But I've noted more subtle changes with Weston...He first walked in the door to his 2 yr. old class with chubby little cheeks, carrying his ducky and his "pack-pack", but he walked out saying "I fwee"--even though his birthday is still a couple of months away. He knows songs, colors, shapes, and the ABCs. His cheeks have slimmed down a little and he now claims, "Ducky don' wanna go to school today" and "I want to do [everything] by myself"! At bedtime, we say, "I love you sooooo much", and Weston says, "and don't you forget it!" Lately, he has been reminding me that his birthday is "Ju-lies the twen-second" and that he wants "cu-cakes and ice kweam" and "special cookies"(whatever that means)! I think it is so funny that he feels he needs to remind me when his birthday is. I could never forget that special day! Weston, I love you soooo much, and don't you forget it!!!

No comments: