Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Hannah's First (real) Haircut

  
Hannah did not want to get a haircut today!  She wouldn't even sit in the chair.  Blair had to get down in the floor to give her a quick trim as she kicked and screamed and I attempted to hold her still.  I guess her only hair-cutting experience to date was a little traumatic. While today was Hannah's first real haircut, James took credit for Hannah's first cut several months ago. One peaceful morning at home, James cut chunks of Hannah's long, pretty curls out of her hair as they were playing in the playroom together.  He used the kitchen scissors to get the job done.  It was awful, and I about died when I saw the clumps of hair on the floor.  I found a trail of hair from the playroom sofa all the way down the hall to the boys' bathroom.  James was so proud of himself. About a third of her volume was missing on the back right side.  In the moment of all the kicking and screaming today I didn't realize it, but now I kind of understand why Hannah was not wanting a haircut.

No comments: