Saturday, June 4, 2016

James Gives Himself a Haircut

All those curls...Gone!
 


It was a nice, quiet Saturday morning around the house.  Then, James walked into the kitchen where Will and I were doing laundry and washing dishes.  I said, "Look, Daddy, James fixed his hair."  I thought he had just taken a water spray bottle and given himself a comb-over.  At closer look, Will said, "Uh, he CUT his hair."  It was so bad that we both laughed.  I laughed so hard that tears came out my eyes.  All those long, beautiful curls--GONE!!  He had finally gotten a nice, handsome head of hair, and then this happened.  I asked James, "Did Connor cut your hair?"  He proudly replied, "Damesey (Jamesey) did!"  Come to find out, Connor and James were in our bathroom together.  Connor pulled Will's electric beard trimmer out, did a quick demonstration (yes, he cut a small triangle out of his hair, too), and then passed the trimmer for James to do some damage. 

If cutting is involved, we always suspect Connor has something to do with it.  He's cut his own hair four times, his favorite clothes and pajamas several times, and Weston's fingers twice (once with safety scissors, the other time with a box cutter). Although Connor has cut his hair four times, James's first attempt at a haircut has topped them all! I told Will that he better put that trimmer way out of reach or poor little Hannah girl would be the next victim.  Connor may be a cutter, but James is our colorer.  I keep finding new pencil markings around the house, and he recently added a little purple crayon doodling near a window in the sunroom and ink pen writing on my sheets.  It's hard to keep all the writing tools out of reach when James's two big brothers pull out pencils, crayons, and markers every day.   

No comments: